PDF | 14 MB | 224 Pages
The Very Efficient Carpenter: Basic Framing for Residential Construction (For Pros / By Pros) PDF
Here’s your chance to become a more efficient carpenter.
Larry Haun has been a production framer for more than 35 years and a teacher of apprentices for more than 20.
In this book, Haun shows you, step by step, all the techniques he uses to frame a basic house, from laying down the sills to cutting the rafters.
You’ll learn about:
- cutting and installing posts and girders
- joisting and sheathing fluently
- laying out, cutting, assembling, and raising walls
- framing gable roofs, hips and valleys, and truss roofs
- building various types of stairs
There is an opening chapter on tools, plans, codes, permits, lumber, and materials, and additional information throughout the book on safety and site-built tools.
The Very Efficient Carpenter is no less than a complete course in basic framing.